- What is the endocannabinoid system (ECS)?Discovered in 1992, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) refers to endocannabinoids, the enzymes that regulate their production and degradation, and their receptors. Endocannabinoids are “messengers”, isolated from brain and peripheral tissues that communicate via cannabinoid receptors.
- Endogenous Cannabinoids (eCB): Anandamide and 2AG
- Main Receptors: CB1 and CB2
- What is CBD?Cannabidiol (CBD), is a promising phytocannabinoid found in cannabis and/or agricultural hemp. It has been recognized for its benefits on human and animal health and is capable of affecting nearly every biological process via the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
- Can CBD get me high?No, it cannot. CBD is a phytocannabinoid that is non-psychotoxic (it does not result in feelings of euphoria) and has a remarkable safety profile.
- I heard CBD from agricultural hemp isn’t as potent. Is this true?No. CBD is CBD, it does not matter where it is sourced from. The human body does not recognize whether a CBD compound was sourced from agricultural hemp or medical cannabis flower – all of the body’s biologic activity, interaction with various enzymes, and receptors specific to CBD remain the same.
- What is the entourage effect?Sometimes called the “whole-plant” or “entourage effect,” cannabis offers a complex biochemical matrix of many of its constituents working synergistically. There is much misinformation about the actual composition of some CBD-rich hemp products, however it actually contains many bioactive compounds that interplay to optimize health and wellness. This is what we call the “Hemptourage effect”.
- What are the benefits of taking CBD oil?Due to DSHEA guidelines, we cannot specifically state conditions CBD may affect. We encourage you to do your own research, consult with doctors, and use PubMed.gov as a resource as newly published research is coming out in real time. Anecdotal evidence and case reports are pushing the research needle forward, but more research is needed to provide structure/function claims associated with taking CBD oil. We encourage you to talk to your doctor first before starting any new nutritional and dietary supplement regimen.
- Is it legal to sell hemp-derived products?Products that are manufactured from agricultural hemp, which contains less than 0.3% THC in dry weight, are exempt from the Federal Controlled Substances Act, therefore are currently not unlawful for distribution. We are happy to provide a signed legal opinion to those who are interested in learning more.
- Why would I choose hemp over medical cannabis?The low amounts of THC in agricultural hemp make it a more favorable choice for those who would like to experience the benefits without the euphoria or psycho-toxicity that is associated with medical cannabis. Also, our PlusCBD™ Oil product line is created in facilities that assure quality, safety and efficacy – offering consistent products you can count on.
- What are benefits from using hemp?Hemp contains excellent nutritional value, providing essential nutritional components called Essential Fatty acids that the human body does not produce naturally, and must be consumed by the diet. Further, emerging scientific research supports the consumption of CBD from hemp oil for general well-being and keeps you healthy, but doesn’t get you ”high.” Not only is hemp renewable and fast-growing, nearly every part of the plant is useable – for food, fiber, building materials and fuel, with an estimated 25,000 uses. Hemp sequesters CO2 and doesn’t need herbicides to thrive. It also leaves the soil in better condition than before it was planted.
- Where is your hemp grown?Our source of hemp is grown in Europe, using EU certified hemp seeds.
- Why do you source hemp from Europe and not in the United States?Regulations regarding hemp growing in the United States have made it challenging to have a homegrown source at the scale in which we need to produce our products. Through our efforts with academic institutions and trade organizations, we continue to support all efforts in order to bring farming of agricultural hemp to the United States.
- What is the difference between hemp and marijuana?Agricultural hemp has tall, bamboo like, thick stocks, very thin leaves, and little to no flowers. Defined as a cannabis plant containing less than 0.3% THC, hemp is grown mainly to make textiles, food & oils, and does not get you “high”. Growing agricultural hemp has less restrictions than marijuana, which allows to be grown in larger scales and outdoors.Marijuana plants tend to be shorter plants and are grown for their flowers. The THC content is higher in these plants and is mainly used recreationally, however, some states have legislation in place to allow marijuana for medical use with a recommendation from a doctor. Because of the restrictions regarding marijuana, growing these plants can be extremely difficult and leave an enormous carbon footprint, depending on the growing practices.
- What’s the difference between hemp seed oil and hemp oil?Hempseed oil is manufactured from hemp seeds, and contains low concentrations of cannabinoids to none. It is used for a variety of things such as: beauty products, lubricants, paints, and as a food.Hemp oil is an extraction from the agricultural hemp aerial plant parts. This oil may contain higher concentrations phytocannabinoids such as CBD.
- How do I choose a product that’s right for me?
- What’s the difference between the Total Plant Complex and the Gold Formula Concentrates?Our raw oil undergoes a process called decarboxylation (a gentle heating process), in which most of the remaining CBDA is converted into CBD to maximize the concentration of CBD. After decarboxylation, along with many of the cannabinoids, terpenes, plant sterols, vitamin E and other natural plant material that comprises our PlusCBD™ Oil Total Plant Complex concentrate.Our Gold Formula is the ultimate step in refining our oil, where excess plant material is distilled from our decarboxylated oil in a solvent-free process, rendering the oil gold in color. The final oil comprises only of CBD, minor cannabinoids, and plant-derived fatty acids. Our PlusCBD™ Oil Gold Formula oil is the highest-concentrated form of CBD oil that we offer.
- Do you test for potency, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, and residual solvents?Yes, we have very high standards regarding the quality, purity and potency of the CBD we produce. Our state-of-the-art laboratory uses High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) to measure CBD levels, to the milligram, in every batch. We then validate our potency findings through our third-party lab, DB Labs who independently analyzes the CBD, ensuring that all PlusCBD™ Oil products are free of pesticides, fungicides, plant growth regulators, residual solvents, heavy metals, and any microbiological contamination.
- Are your products organic or vegan friendly?Europe does not currently have an EU organic certification process set in place, however, hemp cultivation does not require any pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and fertilizers, and we can assure you that our products are safe and non-toxic. Our PlusCBD™ Oil capsules and concentrates are all vegan friendly.
- I have a gluten allergy, can I take your products?Yes, our products are gluten free.
- What percent of CBD is in your products?Our PlusCBD™ Oil sprays and capsules are manufactured with our Total Plant Complex, which contains 14% – 16% CBD. Our Gold Formula concentrates contain between 24% – 26% CBD.
- Do I need to refrigerate your products?All PlusCBD™ Oil products do not require refrigeration, and should be kept in a cool, dry, dark place, such as a cabinet. Please do not put PlusCBD™ Oil Sprays and Drops in the refrigerator, as this will interfere with the formula. If you have our PlusCBD™ Oil Gold Formula Concentrate and it has become too liquid-like due to heat, it is best if kept refrigerated, but it is not required.
- Will I fail a drug test?We highly recommend that individuals who are required not to fail a drug test, should avoid all hemp-derived products, hemp protein products, hemp seed products, poppy seed products, and cold medicines to avoid any issues with the testing. This would include our products as well. While hemp-derived CBD products will not cause any feelings of intoxication (get you “high”) these products are not completely THC free.
- I would like to purchase bulk oil, how do I go about getting set up as a wholesale account?To set up a wholesale account visit our wholesale page, or contact us at email@example.com
- How do I return a product?To return a product contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call 1-855-PLUS-CBD (758-7223). Returns will be accepted within the first 14 days of delivery and the product(s) must be unopened and unused in order to receive a full refund.
- Where are your products available for purchase?Our PlusCBD™ Oil products are available online for purchase at www.PlusCBDoil.com and in retail locations across the country. Contact us at email@example.com to find a store near you.
- I have Internet Explorer. Why can’t I select options to order?Because the Internet Explorer browser is a bit outdated, you may experience some glitches on the site. Feel free to download either of these newer browsers, to view our page properly:Mozilla FireFox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/Once you click “download” for your device, there will be step-by-step instructions on how to complete the installation. If you still have issues after using the new browser, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- How long does a PlusCBD™ Oil package take to ship?We ask that all our customers allow at least 1-2 business days (not including weekends) for order processing. Once the order is processed, UPS ground shipping sates 3-5 business days depending on geographic location.For expedited shipping, please note that if your order is placed between Friday-Sunday, your order will not be processed until the next business day.For more details on shipping, see our shipping guidelines: https://pluscbdoil.com/shipping-guidelines/
- I entered my P.O. Box address, why isn’t in working?We currently only ship via UPS, and cannot ship to P.O. Boxes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Do you ship internationally?Yes, we do ship internationally! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the countries are able to ship internationally. Please note that international deliveries may be subject to fees upon arrival.